Job Vacancy: DMC Experience Officer (x2)
The DMC is an exciting Council-enabled hub for digital and creative businesses in the heart of Barnsley town centre and an emerging Digital Campus. Across two architect designed buildings we are home to over 45 companies and our facilities include offices, meeting rooms, event space, coworking and a makerlab. We are seeking two DMC Experience Officers who will be the first point of contact for all our customers and partners and create a fantastic welcome. You will ‘be’ the DMC in the buildings and also online, sharing news, information and making connections as well as ensuring every customer has a positive and engaging experience. You will meet and help a huge range of people online and offline and be part of a growing tech ecosystem across the Yorkshire region. No two days will be the same and you will help to organise and deliver events with attendees from across the region and beyond, including international delegates. You will work in an environment designed to be digital by default and will encourage others to adopt and develop new ideas and technologies.
The role is part of the Enterprising Barnsley DMC team and you will work in close collaboration with the wider team, reporting to the DMC Experience Manager. The role is funded by the Digital Innovation for Growth programme.
The Digital Innovation for Growth programme is receiving funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. Digital Innovation for Growth is led by Sheffield Hallam University and Barnsley Council is a delivery partner.
The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations.
Purpose of the post:
To deliver the DMC customer experience and support the service delivery provided by the Enterprising
Barnsley Digital and Innovation Economy Team. To deliver effective customer engagement to improve
the performance of the service.
• Deliver a full customer engagement, sales and hospitality service at the DMC hubs, managing day to
day enquiries, providing DMC services online and offline for the business community.
• Co-ordinate all events and activities relating to DMC programmes and manage DMC membership
systems and related processes and data. Design and produce events as required online and offline.
• To assist in resolving complex queries, issues and disputes arising from customers and service
providers including dealing with complaints and difficult customers.
• To co-ordinate the development of customer consultation mechanisms, including customer surveys
and questionnaires, customer panels etc.
• Assist in continuously reviewing and evaluating service provision to ensure it is fit for purpose, driving
continuous improvement and is effectively using available resources
• Proactively liaise, negotiate influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
including customers, partners, funders and potential customersas required.
• Assist in formulating and delivering project plans
• Act as first point of contact to delivery a exemplary customer experience
• Keep abreast of local and national digital sector developments to enhance services/projects to satisfy
internal and external demands
• Provide appropriate advice, guidance and information to a range of stakeholders proactively
managing conflicting demands from clients, customers and service users.
• Contribute to policy development
• Contribute to and update service web page contents and social media postings as required.
• Manage all invoicing and payments and related queries.
See the full Job Profile here.